Ian Gibbs Lettings Agent in Enfield
Ian Gibbs lettings agent in Enfield offers a complete residential letting and managed service, from purchase through to refurbishment, furnishing, equipping, letting and full management for either individual flats and houses or large portfolio of properties. Ian Gibbs has let thousands of properties and has been trading in Enfield for over 50 years. Our experience enables us to provide a professional service undertaken by an experienced lettings department offering the best advise on all situations. Using modern forms of technology combined with property experience to ensure we can help all levels of landlords looking for rental assistance. We aim to offer the highest of standards being RICS accredited and ARLA regulated we have a strict criteria to comply with.
Let Only Service
This straightforward service is suitable for landlords who live locally and are willing to deal with the management issues themselves. Ian Gibbs will:
- Advise on the rental value of your property.
- Advertise with coloured photos in our office window, include on the Ian Gibbs website as well as leading property websites such as Rightmove, Zoopla, and organise any external or internal board displays at the property if appropriate.
- Professional marketing can be arranged.
- Find a suitable tenant that passes all modern referencing requirements.
- Provide a suitable Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement.
- Arrange for the tenancy to be signed by all parties.
- Collect the first month’s rent.
- Collect and offer the option to hold the tenancy deposit under the Tenancy Deposit Scheme in a separate clients account.
- Recommend and organise third party contractors to carry out any additional works i.e Inventory, Gas Safety Certificate, Electrical Installation Condition Report, Energy Performance Certificate etc.
Fully Managed Service
Ian Gibbs can also offer a fully comprehensive management service designed to give the landlord complete peace of mind. In addition to the above Ian Gibbs will:
- Be the point of contact for yourself and tenant throughout the whole tenancy offering the best advice on all scenarios within the property.
- Offering flexibility on how far you wish to be involved in the management of your property.
- Collect the deposit from the tenant and hold it in a separate client account and register the tenant as per the terms of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
- Organise a check-out inspection and deal with the return of the deposit when a tenant vacates the property as per the terms of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
- Collect and receive the monthly rent (wherever possible arrange standing order mandates) and forward to you. All accounts are processed in house by Ian Gibbs.
- Prepare rent arrear statements and chase late rent payments; Following the strict processes ensuring tenants are chased in line with current legislation.
- Pay current out-goings such as ground rent, service charge and insurance premium when they become due.
- Deal with the day to day management problems including repairs.
- Carry out two periodic visits to the property which is included within our management fee.
- Ensure that the landlord is kept advised of any matters that may affect the property; Compliance, market news or anything we feel is appropriate.
- Provide regular “user friendly” income and expenditure statements of account detailing the financial situation suitable for your accountant’s use.
- Check that the property complies with the current legislation i.e Gas Safety Tests, Electricity Installation Condition Report and Energy Performance Certificate.
- Check tenants in/out of the property and where necessary re-let the property to a further tenant; keeping the property maintained, void periods to a minimum and ensuring the right tenants are found.
- Review rent annually and in line with rental market conditions.
- Supervision of certain major works (upon negotiation.
Rent and Legal Protection Scheme
Ian Gibbs can introduce this subject to satisfactory references being received for prospective tenants. In the unlikely event that your tenant does default in the payment of their rent, you will continue to receive the income up to a maximum of 15 monthly rent payments or until such time as the tenant vacates or a possession order is granted. In addition to this, you will not be responsible in any way for costs incurred in obtaining possession of your property. Obtaining a possession order and instructing solicitors and counsel can cost in the region of £1,000 to £2,000, however this will be paid on your behalf. In addition to this you will also benefit from a 75% rent coverage after receiving possession to enable enough time to carry out any works and remarket the property.
For the complete peace of mind throughout the tenancy, Ian Gibbs are an advocate for such policies and we are happy to explain this product in more detail.
Tenancy Deposit Scheme
Under the new legislation with effect from 6th April 2007, landlords and letting agents are required to register details of all new assured shorthold tenancies, both at their beginning and end. This protects the tenant’s deposit through the Government-backed Tenancy Deposit Scheme. Ian Gibbs is a registered member of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme. Ian Gibbs will register its landlord clients with the scheme or add new landlord clients as and when they become clients of ours. The tenant will pay the deposit to Ian Gibbs. We will hold the deposit in a separate client account and notify the Scheme Administrator that we have the deposit and that it should be protected. At the end of the tenancy Ian Gibbs and the tenant will agree what happens to the deposit. If the tenant is dissatisfied and complains to the Scheme Administrator, we will be required to lodge, when requested, the disputed amount with the Scheme Administrator. When the dispute is resolved, the lodged money will be repaid to Ian Gibbs and tenant in accordance with the agreement, dispute resolution, or court order. If the agent fails to lodge the disputed amount with the Scheme Administrator, insurance arrangements will ensure the return of the disputed amount to the tenant when they are entitled to it and recover the amount from Ian Gibbs.
For your assurance Ian Gibbs Lettings can also provide:
- A comprehensive Professional Indemnity Insurance as members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Fidelity Bonding for deposits and rents.
- Separate Clients Trust Accounts.
- ARLA regulated.
- Annual auditing of Clients funds by Chartered Accountants to comply with the requirements of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
RICS - Client Money Protection
Click here to view the RICS Client Money Protection Policy
Click here to view our RICS Clients Money Certificate
Click here to view the Ian Gibbs Complaints Procedure
See our list of property for rent in Enfield.