In addition to the rental price of the property, the following fees are applicable should you wish to apply to rent a property. An explanation of what the fees cover is set out below. Please ensure you understand these before proceeding.
The fees are in addition to the rent and damage deposit.
ADMINISTRATION AND REFERENCING FEES
A credit check, employer’s reference and landlord’s reference will be obtained and Right to Rent checks carried out. This includes the negotiation and preparation of the Tenancy Agreement.
A non-refundable administration and referencing fee of £180 (including VAT) per person including guarantors (if applicable).
The Landlord will be responsible for the inventory and check in fee and tenants will be responsible for the check out fee at the end of the tenancy.
A check out inventory fee of £100 (including VAT) is payable at the end of the tenancy.
Negotiating and preparing a new Tenancy Agreement.
Renewal of a fixed term contract fee of £72 (including VAT).
LATE PAYMENT FEE
There is a late payment fee of £60 per letter or email entered into.
A deposit of equivalent to one and half month’s rent will be required prior to the start of the tenancy. The Landlord may require a higher deposit in certain circumstances.
We are members of the the Property Ombudsman redress scheme.
LET ONLY SERVICE – 12% INCLUDING VAT
- Advice on rental value of your property.
- Advertise and find a suitable tenant.
- Take up references and credit check.
- Right to Rent check.
- Provide a suitable tenancy agreement.
- Arrange for the tenancy agreement to be signed by both parties
- Collect the first month’s rent. Collect and hold the security deposit in a Clients Trust Account .
- There will be a charge of £36 inclusive of VAT for registering any deposit with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
Should the tenancy continue after the first year and a new fixed term contract is issued, a further fee of £240 inclusive of VAT will become payable for the next 12 month period and for any subsequent continuation of the tenancy thereafter.
FULLY MANAGED SERVICE – 15% INCLUDING VAT
In addition to the above this will include:-
- Receive rent and forward to the Landlord.
- Pay current outgoings such as ground rent, service charge and insurance premium when they become due.
- Deal with day to day management problems including repairs.
- Inspect the property to check condition.
- Ensure that the Landlord is kept advised of any matters that may affect the property.
- Check that the property complies with current legislation, for example: gas safe tests, Legionnaire Risk Assessments.
- Provide regular income and expenditure statements.
- Arrange for the handing over of the property to the tenant at the commencement of the tenancy, the handing back to the Landlord at the end of the tenancy and where necessary the re-letting of the property to a further tenant.
- Undertake repairs up to a cost of £300. Larger works may subject to an additional charge.
We are members of the he Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme, the RICS Money Protection Scheme and the Property Ombudsman redress scheme.