Ian Gibbs Lettings Agent in Enfield
Ian Gibbs lettings agent in Enfield offers a complete residential letting and managed service, from purchase through to refurbishment, furnishing, equipping, letting and full management for either individual flats and houses or large portfolio of properties. Ian Gibbs has let thousands of properties in the last 40 years and our experience enables us to provide a professional service undertaken by an experienced lettings department.
Let Only Service
This straightforward service is suitable for landlords who live locally and are willing to deal with the management issues themselves. Ian Gibbs will:
- Advise on the rental value of your property;
- Advertise in full colour in the leading local press, insert a colour photo display in office window, inclusion in the Ian Gibbs website as well as leading property websites, property listings available for applicants, computerised system with up to date applicants, external and internal board displays at the property if appropriate;
- Find a suitable tenant;
- Arrange for reference and credit checks to be taken up on prospective tenants and to organise on your behalf a suitable Rent Guarantee;
- Rent Guarantee and Legal Cost Protection;
- Provide a suitable Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement;
- Arrange for the tenancy to be signed for both parties;
- Transfer responsibility for utility accounts (e.g. council tax, gas, electricity and water where appropriate);
- Collect the first month’s rent;
- Collect and offer the option to hold the tenancy deposit under the Tenancy Deposit Scheme in a separate clients account;
- Prepare an Inventory of the property.
Fully Managed Service
Ian Gibbs can also offer a fully comprehensive management service designed to give the landlord complete peace of mind. In addition to the above Ian Gibbs will:
- Collect from tenant the deposit, hold the deposit in a separate client account and register the tenant as per the terms of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme;
- Carry out a check-out inspection and deal with the return of the deposit when a tenant vacates the property as per the terms of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme;
- Prepare an Inventory of the property;
- Collect and receive monthly rent promptly (wherever possible arrange standing order mandates) and forward to landlord by way of cheque or direct payment into the landlord’s bank account;
- Prepare rent arrear statements and chase late rent payments;
- Pay current out-goings such as ground rent, service charge and insurance premium when they become due;
- Deal with day to day management problems including repairs;
- Inspect the property to check condition every 3 to 6 months;
- Ensure that the landlord is kept advised of any matters that may affect the property;
- Provide regular “user friendly” income and expenditure statements of account detailing the financial situation suitable for your accountant’s use;
- Check that the property complies with the current legislation i.e Gas Safety Tests, Electricity Appliance Tests, and Furniture Regulations;
- Check tenants in/out of the property and where necessary re-let the property to a further tenant;
- Review rent annually and in line with rental market conditions;
- Supervision of certain major works (upon negotiation).
Rent Guarantee and Legal Cost Protection Scheme
Ian Gibbs will include this scheme for all our clients for the first 6 months of the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement. This will be subject to satisfactory references being received for prospective tenants. In the unlikely event that your tenant does default in the payment of their rent, you will receive the income regardless, until such time as the tenant vacates or a possession order is granted. In addition to this, you will not be responsible in any way for costs incurred in obtaining possession of your property. Obtaining a possession order and instructing solicitors and counsel can cost in the region of £1,000 to £2,000, however this will be paid for on your behalf.
For the complete peace of mind throughout the tenancy, Ian Gibbs will offer the option to renew the guarantee for a further 6 months or 1 year for existing tenants for a small additional premium payable to the scheme.
Tenancy Deposit Scheme
Under the new legislation with effect from 6th April 2007, landlords and letting agents are required to register details of all new assured shorthold tenancies, both at their beginning and end. This protects the tenant’s deposit through a Government-backed Tenancy Deposit Scheme. Ian Gibbs is a registered member of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme. Ian Gibbs will register its landlord clients with the scheme, or add new landlord clients as and when they become clients of ours. The tenant will pay the deposit to Ian Gibbs. We will hold the deposit in a separate client account and notify the Scheme Administrator that we have the deposit and that it should be protected. At the end of the tenancy Ian Gibbs and the tenant will agree what happens to the deposit. If the tenant is dissatisfied and complains to the Scheme Administrator, we will be required to lodge within a set period of time the disputed amount with the Scheme Administrator. When the dispute is resolved, the lodged money will be repaid to Ian Gibbs and tenant in accordance with agreement, dispute resolution, or court order. If the agent fails to lodge the disputed amount with the Scheme Administrator, insurance arrangements will ensure the return of the disputed amount to the tenant when they are entitled to it, and recover the amount from Ian Gibbs.
For your assurance Ian Gibbs Lettings can also provide:
- A comprehensive Professional Indemnity Insurance as members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors;
- Fidelity Bonding for deposits and rents;
- Separate Clients Trust Accounts;
- Annual auditing of Clients funds by Chartered Accountants to comply with the requirements of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
See our list of property for rent in Enfield.